CaliWoods Long-Handled Slate Safety Razor
Shave without the waste with CaliWoods Long-Handled Slate Safety Razor! The last razor you will ever buy. Completely plastic-free and makes shaving a breeze.
1 x Slate Safety Razor
5 x Stainless Steel Blades
1 x Blade Return Envelope
Why you will love the CaliWoods Razor!:
- PLASTIC FREE. No more disposable plastic shavers filling our landfills and oceans - just replace the blades.
- UNISEX. Great for everyone. Face, legs, underarms, bikini - this razor can shave everywhere.
- BLADE REFILL PACKS available at a super affordable price. You can order these on auto-ship where you choose the delivery period based on hair type and shaving frequency.
- LONG HANDLE makes shaving a breeze, with more area for you to grip onto.
- SIMPLICITY. Our Razors are a simple screw mechanism and two top holding plates - super durable with less parts that can break compared to a butterfly razor.
- BLADE TAKE BACK. We take back your blades. See info below
- TOP TIP: Use gentle pressure - let the weight of the stainless steel do the work for you! Click here for our full blog post with very detailed how-to instructions so you can shave with confidence!
CaliWoods Blade Take-Back Program:
We take Sustainability seriously. In this world, it's impossible to be perfect when the whole system seems to be against our best intentions. BUT...something as small as changing your razor can save hundreds of pieces of plastic every year.
- USE - Use, love and shave sustainably until the blades are no longer sharp enough for the job.
- DRY - Clean the blade and dry thoroughly.
- POST - The Blades back to us! Once you have 40 or more, seal the supplied envelope and wrap it into another (so the postman/postwoman hands are safe) then post your blades back to CaliWoods.
- REPURPOSE - This bit is our job. Most councils and recycling centres don't accept single blades because of their small size and sharp edges. Using people power and the magic of squirrelling these blades away over time, we have a few ideas for using the material and/or there will be enough to feasibly recycle.
Instructions For Use:
1. Unscrew the head of the razor from the handle.
2. Place blades between the two top plates, holding by the blunt edges.
3. Screw the handle back on and shave away!
4. Replace the blade when it goes blunt. On average this is every fifth shave, less for thick hair, more for fine hair.
5. Rinse the Razor after thoroughly after each use. Clean away soap and hair then let dry outside of the shower.
Store your Razor safely out of the shower between uses and take care not to drop your Razor. We have very detailed instructions set out HERE in the blog and you can watch the video above to see how the Safety Razor is constructed.
The Technical Details:
- Razor is made from zinc alloy head and brass handle
- Dimensions - 10.8cmx4.4cm
- Secure screw in blade with holding plates for durability and safety. The blade is held tightly between two plates and you can shave with both sides.
- Stainless steel replacement blades and blade returns envelope included