CaliWoods Stainless Steel Safety Razor
The last razor you will ever buy. The CaliWoods Stainless Steel Razor is completely plastic-free and makes shaving a breeze. Perfect for Men or Women.
Say hello to low waste shaves and goodbye to plastic!
1 x Stainless Safety Razor
5 x Stainless Steel Blades
1 x Blade Return Envelope
- Simple screw mechanism and two top holding plates - super durable and there are no parts that will break.
- Plastic free. No more disposable plastic shavers filling our landfills and oceans - just replace the blades.
- We take back your blades. Use, Dry, Post, Repurpose. Once you have 40 or more blades, simply post them back to us. We accept them even if they are from another brand. Considering the end-of-life of a product and closing the waste loop is part of our product stewardship - getting the good stuff going here in NZ.
- Choose from two colours; Stainless Steel or Copper.
- Unisex! Great for Men's and Women's shaving.
- Refill blade packs available here.
CaliWoods Blade Take-Back Program:
We take Sustainability seriously. In this world, it's impossible to be perfect when the whole system seems to be against our best intentions. BUT...something as small as changing your razor can save hundreds of pieces of plastic every year.
- USE - Use, love and shave sustainably until the blades are no longer sharp enough for the job.
- DRY - Clean the blade and dry thoroughly.
- POST - The Blades back to us! Once you have 40 or more, seal the supplied envelope and wrap it into another (so the postman/postwoman hands are safe) then post your blades back to CaliWoods.
- REPURPOSE - This bit is our job. Most councils and recycling centres don't accept single blades because of their small size and sharp edges. Using people power and the magic of squirrelling these blades away over time, we have a few ideas for using the material and/or there will be enough to feasibly recycle.
Instructions For Use:
1. Unscrew the head of the razor from the handle.
2. Place blades between he two top plates, holding by the blunt edges.
3. Screw the handle back on and shave away!
4. Replace the blade when it goes blunt. On average this is every fifth shave, less for thick hair, more for fine hair.
5. Rinse the Razor after each use of the soap, hair and gunk and let dry.
The Technical Details:
- Stainless Steel Razor is made from Type 304
- Copper Razor is made from Stainless Steel Type 304 and has Copper electroplated within the stainless. The Copper isn't a layer and cannot 'come off'.
- Dimensions - 9.4cm Handle, 4.4cm Blade Holding Plate
- Secure screw in blade with 2 top holding plates for durability and safety. The blade is held tightly between these two plates. This is better than Butterfly mechanism razors - they don't last as long when the screw mechanism fails.