Pea Tenrils Microgreens Seed Pack
These tasty Fiji Feather Pea microgreens are bred for its feathery tendrils at the end of the shoots. They will re-grow if you don’t cut them too low. Make sure when you cut, they still have a little leaf on the stem. These packs are 80g and based on a standard ice cream size container you should get 2 trays full of seed.
Packaged in commercially compostable packaging.
How to grow your microgreens:
- Prepare your tray with drainage holes and fill with potting mix (make sure you are wearing a mask).
- Sprinkle your seed evenly but generously over the soil. You can sprinkle a little bit of soil over the seeds but I prefer not to.
- To assure germination and rapid growth, keep the seed tray moist but not drenched, using a spray bottle to do your watering is the best.
- Once they are approximately 5cm long, cut or pick them above the soil line, for most species this will be approximately 7 days after sowing.
- Add to your favourite sandwich, salad or even your eggs and avo on toast to give that extra boost of nutrients and colour.
What are Microgreens?
Microgreens are young vegetable greens that are somewhere between sprouts and salad leaf vegetables. Common microgreen varieties are; Peas, Rocket, Basil, Radish, Coriander, Mizuna etc. They have intense flavor with high nutrient content such as Vitamins K, A and C and Iron. They also come in many colors, textures and sizes.