Rocket Microgreens Seed Pack
Rocket for microgreens is a very fast growing green. It has a punchy flavour with a tangy and peppery taste. Add to any savoury meal for a boost of nutrients, flavour and colour. Rocket will be ready for harvest in approximately 7 days.
Packaged in commercially compostable packaging.
How to grow your microgreens:
- Prepare your tray with drainage holes and fill with potting mix (make sure you are wearing a mask).
- Sprinkle your seed evenly but generously over the soil. You can sprinkle a little bit of soil over the seeds but I prefer not to.
- To assure germination and rapid growth, keep the seed tray moist but not drenched, using a spray bottle to do your watering is the best.
- Once they are approximately 5cm long, cut or pick them above the soil line, for most species this will be approximately 7 days after sowing.
- Add to a soup, salad or even your eggs and avo on toast to give that extra boost of nutrients and colour.
What are Microgreens?
Microgreens are young vegetable greens that are somewhere between sprouts and salad leaf vegetables. Common microgreen varieties are; Peas, Rocket, Basil, Radish, Coriander, Mizuna etc. They have intense flavor with high nutrient content such as Vitamins K, A and C and Iron. They also come in many colors, textures and sizes.