DIY | Bird Seed Feeder
What you will need:
- Peanut butter (no salt)
- Knife (for spreading peanut butter)
- Used toilet paper rolls
- Bird Seed
- String or twine
- Sharp knife or scissors (for making hole for string)
- Use the knife to cover the toilet paper rolls with a thin layer of peanut butter. (As you can see from the photo my two year old didn't quite get the 'spread it thin' message!).
- Sprinkle some bird seeds onto your plate and then roll peanut butter covered toilet paper rolls. Roll until covered evenly in seeds.
- If you wish to hang it carefully make a couple of holes on either side of the top of the toilet roll. Attach the string to the holes to create a hanger. If you don't have any string you could always thread onto a branch.
- Hang from a tree, fence or wherever you can find a safe spot. Just make sure it's a least 1.5m from the ground to protect from cats or other predators.
- Sit back and enjoy watching the birds having a little snack!